Monday, August 09, 2004

Monday, Monday

As predicted, no knitting accomplished this weekend. Atlantic City was a lot of fun--the birthday girl had a good turnout and we all really enjoyed ourselves--until we got to our room at the hotel. (the non-fancy, non-birthday-girl's hotel, but the cheap, off-boardwalk alternative.) It was ACROSS THE HALL from an all-night dance club. Literally. Three feet across the hall was thumping trance music. When my alarm went off at 8:15 the next morning, my three roommates and I all had the exact same two thoughts: Oh my god, that music is STILL playing. And then: Let's get the %@#! out of here. I didn't even want to shower in that place. It was worth smelling bad for the four-hour car ride to shower in a place I've personally cleaned.

I did find out that a friend of mine is a fellow knitter! We had some friends over to play cards last night and at one point, one girl said, hmm, maybe I'll sit out a few hands and knit. It was like finding a needle in a haystack -- a fellow serendipitous knitter! Fun.

CONFIDENTIAL TO SECRET PAL: Thanks for the postcard! It was a nice surprise. I'm sorry I've not given you much to work with -- I've sorta updated the about me page, but here's the questionnaire Heidi sent out -- I hope it helps!

Are you a yarn snob? Not specifically. I'll knit with just about anything, but all the better if it's buttery soft to the touch.

Do you spin or crochet? No.

Do you have any allergies? I'm severely allergic to cats.

How long have you been knitting? About a year.

Do you have an online wish list? No.

What's your favorite scent? Lavender. I also like lemon verbena.

What other crafts do you do? Um, none.

What kind of music do you like? I guess that would be "alternative," if there is such a thing. Right now the discs in my car are: the latest Beastie Boys (most frequently listened to; it rocks), along with Tori Amos, Jack Johnson, Beta Band, U2 and the Indigo Girls.

What's your favorite color? Hmm, that's tough. Probably either icy lime green or rich cranberry. My wardrobe pretty much alternates between rich earth tones (cranberry, hunter green, navy, chocolate) and icy sherbet colors (lemon, baby blue, lime, pale pink). I hate turquoise and orange.

What's your family situation? I live with my boyfriend of 2.5 years. We long for a puppy, but need a yard first.

Life dreams? Um, I'll get back to you when I figure them out.

4 Say Something!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://pgwmlqgt.com/szhi/ychk.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://knweulzl.com/toki/furi.html]Cool site[/url]

September 24, 2006 at 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

September 24, 2006 at 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

September 24, 2006 at 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://pgwmlqgt.com/szhi/ychk.html | http://extahvdi.com/kltt/lhfr.html

September 24, 2006 at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home